Become Energy Efficient While Conserving More Energy
Although it seems like a mystery to some homeowners, saving money isn’t as difficult as you might think. For Trinity homeowners, you simply need to incorporate two processes into your daily routines: conserving energy and being energy efficient.
Conserving home energy refers to expending less energy by lowering the usage of certain systems or services. How can you do this?
- Use sweaters and blankets – When the weather turns cold, our instinct is to turn up the heat. Unfortunately, running the furnace isn’t cheap. You can lower energy costs by bundling up with a sweater or blanket as much as possible.
- Turn down the thermostat – Did you know that for every degree you lower the thermostat, you’ll save between 2 and 3 percent on your heating bill? Use this tip as much as possible and watch heating costs drop.
- Use space heaters – Another useful technique to lower energy costs is to pick up a couple space heaters and use them when you don’t need to heat a large area.
Using energy in a more thoughtful way will improve the efficiency of your home without sacrificing certain elements. Here are some easy-to-follow tips:
- Schedule a tune-up – Hiring a professional technician to give your heating equipment a tune-up every year is a great way to maintain energy efficiency and keep the system in operation for a longer period of time.
- Replace an old furnace – If your heating system is more than 10 years old, it may be time to replace it. Although rather costly, newer models backed by Energy Star are more efficient than ever, and you’ll save quite a bit of money over the next several years.
- Use energy-efficient lights – Switch out traditional incandescent bulbs with newer types such as light-emitting diodes (LEDs) and compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs), which use considerably less energy and come in various shapes and sizes.
For more expert advice on energy conservation, energy efficiency, or any other questions related to home comfort, please contact the friendly professionals at WA Air Conditioning. We’ve been serving the HVAC needs of Trinity, Huntsville, Waterwood, Sebastopol, Lovelady, Groveton and surrounding areas for more than 25 years.
Image Provided by Shutterstock.comTags: energy conservation, energy efficiency, energy savings
January 15, 2015 7:46 pm