Attic Ventilation and Insulation Enhance Home Comfort, Efficiency and Health
The weather’s already getting warmer in the Trinity area, and it’ll soon be time to run your air conditioner day and night to stay cool in the notorious Texas heat. The number one best way to ensure a high level of comfort at the lowest possible cost is to schedule an air conditioner tuneup before you need your system 24/7.
Why AC Maintenance Is Essential
Over the course of the long cooling season, your air conditioner loses efficiency. Dust builds up on essential components, scale and grime builds up on coils and belts and connections loosen. An air conditioner tuneup addresses these issues and more to:
- Lower energy bills
- Lower your carbon footprint
- Increase comfort
- Extend the operating life of the air conditioner
- Help prevent common AC problems during the hottest time of the year
What an Air Conditioner Tuneup Includes
A skilled technician from a reputable contractor will include these key checkpoints in your tune-up:
- Lubricate moving parts to prevent friction
- Test the controls of the system for optimum cycling.
- Inspect the wiring and terminals for corrosion and tighten connections.
- Measure the airflow and refrigerant levels.
- Clean and inspect essential components like the coils and fan.
- Flush the condensate drain to prevent clogs.
- Inspect your ductwork for obstructions and leaky joints.
- Test your thermostat for accuracy and calibrate it if it’s needed.
After Your Air Conditioner Tune-up
Once your tune-up is complete, it’s up to you to maintain your system’s efficiency. Perform these three tasks every month to keep your air conditioner operating at top efficiency for the duration of the cooling season.
- Inspect the air filter and replace it when it’s clogged with dust to protect the HVAC system against dust, improve your indoor air quality and maintain good airflow.
- Hose down the outdoor unit to remove debris that can restrict airflow and heat transfer.
- Vacuum around the indoor unit to prevent dust buildup and condensate drain clogs.
To schedule your spring air conditioner tune-up with one of our skilled technicians in the Trinity area, please feel free to contact us at WA Air Conditioning.
Image Provided by Shutterstock.com
May 19, 2014 7:11 pm