Tips to Improve Indoor Air Quality
As Americans spend more and more time indoors within their homes, the impact of indoor air quality is becoming increasingly important for health and well-being. Many homeowners wonder how to improve air quality while still enjoying a relaxing and inviting indoor environment. From changing daily routines to installing new devices such as ventilators and air purifiers, there are many actions that homeowners in Trinity, TX, can take to improve indoor air quality.
Changing Daily Activities
Many homeowners do not realize that common daily activities they perform have a direct impact on the air quality within their homes. Changing some of these routines can improve the air quality within the home.
- Use exhaust fans when cooking or showering. The moisture generated from these activities fuels mold growth. Airborne mold spores are a major indoor air quality problem.
- Switch over to natural cleaners. Not only are these solutions less expensive but they do not release toxic chemicals into the air.
- Buy furnishings and flooring that does not off-gas volatile chemicals. Traditional furnishings, bedding and carpeting can release harmful chemicals such as formaldehyde into the air.
- Select paint that is low in volatile organic chemicals.
- When using glues and other chemicals, only do so with adequate ventilation.
Take Advantage of the HVAC System
Use the existing HVAC system to help cleanse the indoor air. Instead of opening windows that allow pollen and pollution to infiltrate the home, run the fan-only option of the system. Change the system’s air filter each month. Installation of air purifiers or ventilators that work in conjunction with the heating and cooling system will help in further cleaning of the air.
Services that Improve Indoor Air Quality
Heating, ventilation and air conditioning service companies offer many services that can improve the quality of indoor air. Some of these services include:
- Air quality checks. An air quality check can determine whether there are dangerous levels of contaminants such as carbon monoxide, radon and other harmful substances in the home’s air.
- Air duct cleaning. This service removes layers of dust, mold spores and other debris that otherwise would get blown into the living spaces of the home with each cycle of the heating and cooling system.
- Preventative maintenance of the air conditioner each spring and the heat pump or furnace each fall ensures that the system is operating optimally.
When it comes to improving indoor air quality, choosing a Bryant Factory Authorized Dealer helps homeowners ensure a comfortable and healthy indoor environment. With years of dedication and reliability, Bryant products are at the forefront of indoor air quality innovation. For more information on how to improve the air quality of your Trinity, TX, home or business, call our friendly experts at any time.
June 3, 2013 3:50 pm