What are the Benefits of Preventative HVAC Maintenance?
There are a multitude of benefits when you invest in a preventative maintenance plan for HVAC systems. Just like you put a lot of wear and tear on your vehicle from everyday driving, running your HVAC system in the winter and summer seasons puts a lot of stress on all of the components of the unit. To keep your HVAC system operating in good condition, it is essential to have regular maintenance. Preventative maintenance plans are all about saving you money. With regular service, you add years of life to the HVAC system. You can get up to an additional six years of use. That means you won’t have to fork over the money for a new system too soon. Regular maintenance also keeps the HVAC system operating efficiently. In hard dollars, you reduce your monthly utility expenses up to 30 percent. Additionally, industry studies have revealed that regular maintenance lowers the need for HVAC repairs up to 40 percent. All in all, that old adage that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure definitely applies to the regular maintenance of an HVAC system.
HVAC Maintenance Checklist
During an air conditioner or heating system maintenance visit, technicians perform a wide variety of tasks. Depending on the system, here’s a list of some general tasks that are performed.
- Cleaning of coil and cabinet
- Inspection of refrigerant level and recharge if needed
- Removal of debris from the inside cabinet
- Inspection of base pan for restricted drain openings
- Inspection and lubrication of fan motor and fan blades
- Inspection of control box, including wiring, contactors and relays
- Inspection of compressor and tubing
- Check of the blower housing unit
- Cleaning of blower housing, wheel and motor Inspection of drain pain, condensate drain lines and evaporator coil
- Lubrication of all motor parts
- Inspection and repair for leaks
- Inspection of flue system, airflow system and all controls
HVAC Repair and New Equipment
Even with regular maintenance, your air conditioner or heating system may need a repair from time to time, especially if it is older than eight years. With a regular service plan, you can save money with discounts on parts and labor. At WA Air Conditioning, all of our technicians are NATE certified. When one of our technicians arrives at your doorstep, you can be sure that they have the skills, knowledge and tools to get the job done professionally. In addition, all of our HVAC repairs come with a guarantee.
If an HVAC repair does not make economic sense, it may be better to upgrade to a new system. As a Bryant Factory Authorized Dealer in Riverside, TX, we offer a wide range of top quality and energy efficient systems, including hybrid systems, heat pumps, furnaces, split systems and boilers. Not only are our products competitively priced, you can save money with our Internet coupons on select systems. If you’re considering installing a new system, be sure to call us for a free estimate.
April 30, 2013 8:58 pm